How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask FlaRealEstateLawyer Your Own Question
FlaRealEstateLawyer, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 102
Experience:  Civil Litigator, Represents Small Businesses, Real Estate Attorney,
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
FlaRealEstateLawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

state of Fl, abandoned vehicle, landlord lien. How do I get

Customer Question

state of Fl, abandoned vehicle, landlord lien. How do I get a title to be able to sell vehicle, was left behind after tenant moved out
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  FlaRealEstateLawyer replied 8 years ago.
What type of car is it? year/model? Do you think its worth more than $400 dollars?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Car is 95 Nissan Maxima and does not run.Has 150,000 miles.
Expert:  FlaRealEstateLawyer replied 8 years ago.
If you reasonably believe that the car is worth less than $500 dollars, you may dispose of it as you please. Otherwise:

715.104 Notification of former tenant of personal property remaining on premises after tenancy has terminated.--

(1) When personal property remains on the premises after a tenancy has terminated or expired and the premises have been vacated by the tenant, through eviction or otherwise, the landlord shall give written notice to such tenant and to any other person the landlord reasonably believes to be the owner of the property.


This statute also gives specifics about the notice requirement.


Contact the Fla DMV on detailed instructions to get title.


If this answer is satisfactory to you, please click on the Green Accept Button. A bonus would also be appreciated. You can continue to ask me any follow up questions.

Related Real Estate Law Questions