How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CALawyer Your Own Question
CALawyer, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 1655
Experience:  Practicing Real Estate Attorney
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
CALawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to sell my land in Oklahoma. it was deeded to me in ...

Resolved Question:

I want to sell my land in Oklahoma. it was deeded to me in 2001 by my dad. in the deed he stated he was a married man but did not have his wife sign the deed. i became ill and signed the land (love and compasion) to my companion. My dad has now since passed away and his wife won''t sign a correction deed. What legal process can I take. I am on Social Security and can''t afford an legal assistance.
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  CALawyer replied 9 years ago.
The legal process would be to file a law suit to "quiet title" to your portion of the property.

Because these suits are somewhat complex, it is important to hire an attorney to do so.

Without doing this, you could try to sell the property, but it would probably be subject to the wife's claims and title may not be insurable. It probably would not be a good idea to give any form of warranty deed.

If this information was helpful, please click ACCEPT to give me credit for answering. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated if deserved. If you need any clarification, just post a reply. Thanks!
CALawyer and 2 other Real Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you