How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have filed a lawsuit against a property management ...

Customer Question

I have filed a lawsuit against a property management company within the last three days for negligence, fraud, conversion and breech of contract. This company is still holding about $1,500.00 of my rental income money. Is there a way that I can freeze their assets, maybe freeze their checking account? Can I get the police to go make them give me that money? If I need to get an injuction , file a motion or something else, where can I get the forms and where could I go to veiw samples of such or get direction on how to proceed with them?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  CALawyer replied 9 years ago.

What state are you in?


What court did you file in? Was it small claims?

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
I filed in Bakersfield,Ca. Superior Court, an unlimited civil suit. Summons and complaint were served the same day.

The property management co. is in Taft, Ca. , Kern County
Expert:  CALawyer replied 9 years ago.
I have two more questions.

First, is the suit for $1,500, or is it for more (unlimited cases are for $50,000 or more, or seek equitable relief)?

Second, is there a reason why you would need to freeze their bank accounts during the lawsuit? A reason why it couldn't wait until after you obtained a judgment?

Related Real Estate Law Questions