How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Flagbridge-RE Your Own Question
Flagbridge-RE, Consultant
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 4618
Experience:  Real Estate Consultant, Negotiator, Mediator, Arbitrator. Law Degree
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Flagbridge-RE is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

how do you dissolve a joint tenancy deed

Resolved Question:

we have a mortgage on a second house and have my son and daughter in law listed on a joint tenancy deed . We would like to remove them .
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Flagbridge-RE replied 9 years ago.

You are not able to take their conveyed interest away. Any tenant in common or joint tenant may end the cotenancy by suing for partition; the court will grant partition automatically, with no need to show cause. The court will either grant partition in kind or partition by sale (physical division of the land) or (division of proceeds from the judicial sale of the land). In addition, a cotenant can always end or sever the joint tenancy merely by conveying her interest to another person (udsually by sale)

You should go to your local legal aid clicnic about filing the proper papers with the court.

If this helps please click ACCEPT.

Flagbridge-RE and 3 other Real Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Real Estate Law Questions