Ashik, Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), Professional Experience in Printers
16433418

I can copy but not scan. Connection but i have checked the

i can copy but not scan
JA: Is there an error code on your device when you try to scan?
Customer: connection but i have checked the plugs - disconnected them and re connected them it says connecting to the PC but i have a MAC
JA: When did you last update the printer driver software?
Customer: long time ago
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi and Welcome to JustAnswer! My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly

You can use the Image Capture application to scan. Go to the Applications folder and open Image Capture application.

You can open the Applications folder from the Go menu in Finder or select Applications folder on the left side in a Finder window.

Image Capture will recognize the scanner/printer and show it in the left column under Devices or Shared (click show to see it). Select the scanner (printer) and click Scan. You can click the Show Details button to see advanced scanning options.

See this video --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uYkxERQmq0&t=

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please let me know by replying here and I will stay with you and try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
i put an old picture on the scan bed =press scan press start and i get a beep

Did you follow the instructions I sent you?

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
did you try to charge me $39

The secure remote is an optional premium service from this site. If you want that service, then you will be charged the $39

If not, then you can cancel that offer and I will help you here via the chat method.

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
chat method not $39

No problem. You can ignore that automatic offer. Please follow the instructions I sent you to scan from your Mac.

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
how do i download image capture while testing you

You don't need to download it. It is already installed on the Mac. To make sure, did you read the full answer I sent you? Did you see the video? If not, please read the full answer, and also please see the video which has detailed instructions.

Customer: replied 6 hours ago.
If I pay the $39 would the assistant be able to take over my computer and do what is necessary to get my printer to work properly

Yes

Yes

Customer: replied 6 hours ago.
I ll have to think about it

Did you see the video I sent you earlier? If not, see it please -> See this video --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uYkxERQmq0&t=

Customer: replied 6 hours ago.
I don’t have a Canon scanner I have a brother printer

The procedure is same.

Customer: replied 5 hours ago.
I did it ! Watching that video was very helpful. When I save the pictures I saved it to desktop scanned pictures but as I save additional pictures will all appear underneath each other

Yes, that is how it is supposed to work. If you want to have pdf with multiple pictures, then choose the Format as PDF and enable Combined option

Customer: replied 5 hours ago.
Thank you I will never erase that video because I know I’m going to have to view it several times each time I want to scan pictures

You are most welcome!