Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

Just purchased a Canon 2500 printer- need to know how to

just purchased a Canon 2500 printer- need to know how to sync with desktop computer
JA: What specific product are you working with?
Customer: Pixmamg2522
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: just plugged it into my computer and have electric cord read to go
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

I'm sorry about your printer issue. I'm glad to assist you today. Are the ink cartridges installed yet?

Do you have a Windows or Mac computer? What happens when you try to print something?
Please reply at the box below, then click on the Send button below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
ik is installed--mac computer
  1. Click on the website below:
    https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/support-inkjet-printer/mg-series/pixma-mg2522/pixma-mg2522?tab=drivers_downloads
  2. There, download and install the item called MG2522/MG2525 CUPS Printer Driver Ver.16.40.1.0 (Mac).
  3. Make sure the Canon printer is turned on.
  4. Connect the USB printer cable securely to both the printer and the computer.
  5. Click on the small Apple logo icon at the upper left corner of your Mac computer's screen, then click on System Preferences.
  6. Click on Printers & Scanners.
  7. Click on the + (plus) button at bottom left, and see if it detects your Canon printer.
  8. If yes, click on your Canon printer, then then click on Add.
  9. Then see if you can print now.

Thank you for your patience.

Thank you. To connect remotely, on your Mac computer, please click on the website below:

https://join.zoho.com/814762212

- There, click option Download. Then open the download file called JoinMac.dmg and run / install it. Then click option Share or Join when prompted.

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

I have resolved the printing issue via remote support. If you need help with anything else, please come back anytime. Thank you very much.