Printers

I have a Canon Pixma Pro10 printer. Never had print quality…

I have a Canon...

I have a Canon Pixma Pro10 printer. Never had print quality issues until today. I bought and installed four new Canon cartridges this morning. I first tried to print on Promaster Glossy paper (dealer did not have Canon glossy). Print was washed out, very little color. I tried Canon semi gloss paper and print looked OK. I have... Read full answer

I have a Canon Pixma Pro10 printer. Never had print quality issues until today. I bought and installed four new Canon cartridges this morning. I first tried to print on Promaster Glossy paper (dealer did not have Canon glossy). Print was washed out, very little color. I tried Canon semi gloss paper and print looked OK. I have used the Promaster before without issue.

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your Pixma: wirelessly or by USB?

USB attached to and iMac.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Never.

5/3/2019
Rahul V

My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble.

Do please let me know are you using same computer for chatting with me?

Search the web for ICC Color profiles and work flows. Other search terms: RGB sRGB, Adobe RGB, etc

You are correct about potentially removing the settings on the printer as this can change the workflow process at the output stage. Typically you allow the program your are using for editing to manage color space and workflow from beginning to end.

Correct monitor calibration is also important, but ensuring the same color profile throught the entire workflow is what provides consistent results. You will benefit greatly doing some reading to better understand how to control profiles during capture, editing and output. Once you get the work flow dialed in, you will love your printer.

Please let me know if its helpful. If not let me know.

feel free to reach me back.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'll make a few notes here and try these ideas. The printer is not new, however. I have made numerous prints using several papers and all are great. Only today a problem.I did set the paper to Glossy on the iMac Photo app first. Should I keep this site open or sign out before tryin the suggestions.

Yes you are correct, the issue is might be happening due to you new cartridges so we need to maintain the calibration and other things.

let me know once you done with that.

I will be waiting for your response.

Or let me know if you need a remote assistance?

Rahul V
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK. Probably a good idea to end this chat as I may need a while. Thanks.

Thanks for your ratings! feel free to reach me back.

Have a good day ahead.

Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
I studied the ICC color profiles but did not feel it useful.
I studied the ICC color profiles but did not feel it useful. However, I printed the same photo on Canon Paper Plus Semi- gloss and the results were OK. Next I printed another photo on Epson 11X14 Prem… read more
Rahul V
Rahul V
Bachelor of Computer Application
I own a Canon PIXMA 870 all in one, which is about six years
Hi. My name is Martha. I own a Canon PIXMA 870 all in one, which is about six years old. Am beginning to have trouble with the printing and scanning functions (scanning again) and am interested in buy… read more
Divyansh Pagaria
Divyansh Pagaria
Am looking to buy a pixma mg7760 printer and would like to
Hi. Am looking to buy a pixma mg7760 printer and would like to know if it will accept a 220gsm matte double sided inkjet paper (with grain) that is not canon paper. Canon do not make a paper of this t… read more
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique
Engineer,
Diploma in applied electronics
Stop searching for answers—
I have a Pro 100 Pixma printer. I am trying to use 14x17" paper
I have a Pro 100 Pixma printer. I am trying to use 14x17" paper using fine art etching paper. I must have this size because my image is 12x16" and i need an inch border. Please respond.… read more
Canon MP990 Printer Using Canon Photo Paper Plus Glossy ll also
Canon MP990 Printer Using Canon Photo Paper Plus Glossy ll also tried Matt paper pictures are too saturated and dark I have removed and cleaned the printheads with distilled water- They were not gummy… read more
Hi i have just purchased a canon MG5300 printer to use for
Hi i have just purchased a canon MG5300 printer to use for printing edible pictures pls how do i use it it does not accept the edible paper… read more
Michael T
Michael T
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
my printer is not printing very good, alot of purple in my
my printer is not printing very good, alot of purple in my pics. I did the head cleaning, alignment and the test paper, The colors looked good except for the yellow. No yellow was showing. Thinking I … read more
Handy--Andy
Handy--Andy
Technical,
HND Computer Studies
Hi.. i have the Canon Pixma MG6150 and im not sure if there
Hi.. i have the Canon Pixma MG6150 and im not sure if there is an optimal photo resolution for printing.. is there a 'best resolution' to send to the printer and does the printer discard infomation (o… read more
Sowrav D.
Sowrav D.
Printer Technician,
My two-year old MX860 apparently has forgotten how to print
My two-year old MX860 apparently has forgotten how to print good photos. The results are washed out and look almost like color negatives, in a way. My ink supplies are good and this now I have cleaned… read more
Mary
Mary
Digital Printing Consultant,
I am not able to print successfully on Glossy paper. the paper
I am not able to print successfully on Glossy paper. the paper is wet and my finger prints show. I do fine with matte paper.… read more
Every time I try to print photos with my Brother MFC-9970CDW
Every time I try to print photos with my Brother MFC-9970CDW the come out grainy. What am I doing wrong?… read more
Mary
Mary
Digital Printing Consultant,
epson 615. I print photos and I keep getting lines across
epson 615. I print photos and I keep getting lines across all the pictures no matter what I do. It is caused by the way the paper feeds. It feeds in jerking. I had an epson before and I loved it but t… read more
Freddy M.
Freddy M.
IT Technician,
Stop searching for answers—
My NX510 wont print card stock. What settings does it need
My NX510 won't print card stock. What settings does it need to be on? Do I have to mirror those settings on my computer when I hit Print?… read more
I have a 1520C plotter that I bought to plot 17 x 22 drawings.
I have a 1520C plotter that I bought to plot 17" x 22" drawings. I am unable to find a source for the 24# XXXXX I use. OCE was my supplier but they discontinued that weight. I can get 20# XXXXX that s… read more
Mary
Mary
Digital Printing Consultant,
I have just purchased a Canon Pixma MG5220 and am anxious to
I have just purchased a Canon Pixma MG5220 and am anxious to learn how to print color photos and text labels on discs. I find the book not very helpful. Where, for example, do I go first to design the… read more
Elec & Comp pro,
MS Electrical Engineering
I like to print painting on canvas, by using my Canon Pixma
I like to print painting on canvas, by using my Canon Pixma ip5200 printer. Do I select glossy or mat or something else for best result printing on canvas? Best Regards, [email protected]… read more
Elec & Comp pro,
MS Electrical Engineering
I have a Canon IP4000 Pixma printer that I use at home. I
I have a Canon IP4000 "Pixma" printer that I use at home. I am trying to print out photos for a fundraiser. But for some reason, when I have the printer set to "glossy print paper," which I'm using, t… read more
RPI Solutions
RPI Solutions
Technician, Developer,
Im trying to copy a 4x6 photo on my canon MX700. When I load
I'm trying to copy a 4x6 photo on my canon MX700. When I load the 4x6 photo paper in the rear tray and hit the "Copy" button, after setting the settings to 4x6, the printer just takes the paper, doesn… read more
Sandeep Pamarati
Sandeep Pamarati
Project Lead,