Printers

I have a canon printer/copier model 250 and it is giving me…

Customer Question
Second opinion] I have...

Second opinion] I have a canon printer/copier model 250 and it is giving me an error code E8 and says my ink absorber is nearly full. I can by pass that error message and print or copy, but for how long can I bypass that message? How do I resolve this issue. Timothy

Technician's Assistant: Is your Canon... Read full answer

Technician's Assistant: Is your Canon printer displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

Yes, each time I use it.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I never have as long as I've owned it. Don't know how or what that involves or means.

Technician's Assistant: The Printer Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, go ahead

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
2/9/2019
Technician: Joel Kalman, Engineer replied 4 months ago
Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Engineer

Hello. I am pleased to assist you today. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem.

You will need to remove the foam waste ink absorber pads and rinse all the waste ink out of them. The waste ink absorber pads are located at the bottom of the printer, beneath the carriage service position. The printer keeps the ink jets lubricated using a small amount of ink, which drains onto these pads. The "ink absorber pads almost full" warning is generated by a counter which counts the number of sheets which have been printed. (The counter threshold has been calculated to coincide with the saturation of the waste ink pads.) After removing, flushing, and replacing the ink pads, the waste ink counter must be reset.

Here is a link to an online procedure for resetting the waste ink counter on a Canon printer:

http://www.fixya.com/support/t12426415-reset_canon_mp250_ink_absorber_almost

Please let me know if you have any questions, comments, or problems with this advice so that I can provide you with the additional support that you need. My goal is to provide you with the best possible customer service. If you are satisfied with my advice, please take a moment to rate my service.

Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
I have a Pixma MP210. I get a pop window when I try to print
I have a Pixma MP210. I get a pop window when I try to print that says the ink absorber is nearly full. What is an ink absorber and how do I fix the problem? … read more
Ameen Khan
Ameen Khan
Senior IT Support Specialist,
Information Technology Management / Computer Science
I have a Cannon Printer/Scanner MP250. While using lately I
Hi Pearl, I have a Cannon Printer/Scanner MP250. While using lately I have gotten the "Ink Absorber is almost full" warning. Finally the printer just quit printing. Thanks, Kernoal … read more
Ameen Khan
Ameen Khan
Senior IT Support Specialist,
I have an MP495 and it's showing code E08 and won't advance
I have an MP495 and it's showing code E08 and won't advance there. … read more
Engineer,
Stop searching for answers—
I have a Canon Pixma MP210 home printer that I love.
I have a Canon Pixma MP210 home printer that I love. However, I am now getting the message that the ink absorber is almost full. I phoned the tech support number in the guide book and was told that I … read more
Engineer,
I have a canon printer and scanner i have put ink in and it
i have a canon printer and scanner i have put ink in and it comes up with the warning light and says ink cartlidge not fitted properly and the scanner bar does not move when its turned on … read more
Bhavik Joshi
Bhavik Joshi
Computer Science and Engineering
I have a Canon MG2500 printer. It tells me I have a 5B00
I have a Canon MG2500 printer. It tells me I have a 5B00 error and need to contact Canon Support. I hope you can help me. … read more
Michelle
Michelle
Manager operations,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
I own a Canon Pixma MX882. It is several years old. I just
I own a Canon Pixma MX882. It is several years old. I just received a message on the screen that the "Ink absorber is nearly full." I cannot find any reference to that part in the on-line manual. Can you tell me what an Inc absorber is and how I clean or replace it? Thanks, ***** ***** … read more
Canon Mx880 printer: how do I reset (stop) the warning "Ink
Canon Mx880 printer: how do I reset (stop) the warning "Ink absorber almost full" after cleaning the ink absorber?… read more
My Canon ink absorber is all most full need to fix that and
My Canon ink absorber is all most full need to fix that and my printer MX700 will not print in black now are they related… read more
Harold Hanna
Harold Hanna
Sr System Administrator,
Associates in General Studies
what do I do when printer keeps saying "contact service center"
what do I do when printer keeps saying "contact service center" and one time it said the printer something or other was full.… read more
Who can replace my ink absorber for my MX300 printer? Where
Who can replace my ink absorber for my MX300 printer? Where do I take the printer. How long does the servicing take? How much will it cost?… read more
networkwiz
networkwiz
System Engineer,
Good Dau To allI have a Canon Pixma MP150 inkjet printer.
Good Day To all I have a Canon Pixma MP150 inkjet printer. It work absolutely great. But since a couple of day a message code error blink on the panel. E8. According to the help manual , it means that… read more
Printer Doctor
Printer Doctor
Technical Support Manager,
Stop searching for answers—
I have a MP150. I get the error message "the waste ink
I have a MP150. I get the error message "the waste ink absorber is almost full". I don't know how to rectify this message. Please helpl… read more
Printer Doctor
Printer Doctor
Technical Support Manager,
Canon Pixma ip1600 prainter presents a message that the Waste
Canon Pixma ip1600 prainter presents a message that the "Waste Ink Absorber" is full and to contact the Service Center for a replacement. So far, no one knows what the message means or how to fix it.… read more
Tim W.
Tim W.
Computer Support Specialist,
I keep getting a message that The excess ink absorber is full
I keep getting a message that "The excess ink absorber is full" . Where, exactly, is it, and how do I empty it or correct the situation?… read more
Dragonfly
Dragonfly
When new cartridges were installed, Error Message 1700 was
When new cartridges were installed, Error Message 1700 was displayed, following the first print job completed (minutes later) and supply levels indicated LOW appeared, OBVIOUSLY? inaccurately. Must th… read more
Sandeep Pamarati
Sandeep Pamarati
Project Lead,
hI, MY CANON PRINTER MP160 WILL NOT PRINT... IT SAYS THE INK
hI, MY CANON PRINTER MP160 WILL NOT PRINT... IT SAYS THE INK ABSORBER IS FULL AND TO CONTACT THE SERVICE CENTER. HELP!!! RUTH… read more
RPI Solutions
RPI Solutions
Technician, Developer,
Aficio Ricoh 700 copier display message says used toner bottle
Aficio Ricoh 700 copier display message says 'used toner bottle nearly full, call service'. Is this resolved by replacing the toner cartridge or is there some other process to resolve?… read more
Freddy M.
Freddy M.
IT Technician,