Printers

My 8620 has stopped functioning. I have replaced the two low…

My 8620 has stopped...

My 8620 has stopped functioning. I have replaced the two low cartridges and it still won't print from either of my computers. It has been functioning for months until now. Stan

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your printer?

Hp office jet pro 8620
... Read full answer

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your printer?

Hp office jet pro 8620

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?

No messages. i can access the cartridges from the front as usual.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

All I use it for is printing and scanning.

10/29/2018
jeffreybongers
jeffreybongers, Engineer

Hello, my name is*****'m happy to assist you today with your hp office jet pro 8620, Lets get started!

I'm so sorry for the extended wait time. Do you still need assistance with your issue?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

No error messages. I can open the lid (frontal access) that allows me to replace the cartridges. I have replaced the cyan and yellow cartridges that were both reporting low.Anything else you can help me with?

Understood.

So to clarify have you tried updating the drivers and firmware of the printer?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

No, I have not tried updating my firmware and drivers for the printer. Actually, I am not sure where to access these items and carry out the necessary procedures.I have noticed a slight change over the last day or so. When I ask it to print a single page document, it seems to do it BUT only after 1 or 2 minutes rather than"instantly" as it used to previously. Does that give a clue for the solution? The printed page comes not properly but very delayed.I actually meant to say that the page comes out properly printed but very delayed.

understood.

Do you want me to remotely connect and solve this for you?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

No. I would like to know what is required to fix this problem so that I can fix it, should it ever happen again.

understood.

the drivers and firmware are here:https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-officejet-pro-8620-e-all-in-one-printer-series/5367611/model/5367613

It would be greatly appreciated to rate me 5 stars after this conversation. The rating can be done in the top of this screen.

Please let me know how this goes.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey4

Do you still need assistance regarding this problem?

Waiting for your reply,

Kind regards,
Jeff

jeffreybongers
jeffreybongers, Engineer
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
My HP 8720 Office Pro has show that I am out of Black Ink.
my HP 8720 Office Pro has show that I am out of Black Ink … read more
Rennan Lui
Rennan Lui
IT Engineer Specialist,
I have an HP Office Jet Pro 8710 Printer. Although I
I have an HP Office Jet Pro 8710 Printer. Although I refreshed it earlier today with all new cartridges it keeps on saying "Cannot Print, Visit www.hpinstantink.com for information. Help!!! I desperat… read more
I have just installed new ink cartridges in my HP Office jet
I have just installed new ink cartridges in my HP Office jet Pro 8630 printer and it has advised me of an error but no number. … read more
Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman
Computer Specialist,
Master of Science Degree
Stop searching for answers—
I have a HP Office jet Pro K 550. I worked great since I
I have a HP Office jet Pro K 550. I worked great since I bought it. Now the color has changed and I am getting a lot of purple when I print picture on the computer. The three color cartridges cyan, ma… read more
Printer and Office Equip. Specialist,
Engineering Diploma
My problem is that I replaced my 8720 with a new cartridge
My problem is that I replaced my 8720 with a new cartridge of black in and the printer is telling me that the ink is depleted. I bought the cartridge two days ago. … read more
Karthik
Karthik
Senior Engineer,
Bachelor of Engineering
I own an HP Office Jet Pro 6978. The black ink cartridge ran
I own an HP Office Jet Pro 6978. The black ink cartridge ran low. I purchased a replacement cartridge and inserted it into the printer. However, the black ink print is very poor. Usually you have to s… read more
Engineer,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
I have replaced the four ink cartridges, but both of our
I have replaced the four ink cartridges, but both of our computers give me the message that I need to replace the cartridges. When I initially replaced the cartridges I got the message on our computer… read more
It Support Specialist,
I put in a new cyan cartridge that I ordered from HP soon
I put in a new cyan cartridge that I ordered from HP soon after I received my printer, but the printer says "one or more cartridges appear to be damaged." I ordered another new one and it says the sam… read more
Printer and Office Equip. Specialist,
Engineering Diploma
I have an all in one HP office Jet Pro 8620 and when I want
I have an all in one HP office Jet Pro 8620 and when I want to scan and email it comes up with an ID and Password. It has just started this about a month ago and I can not figure what it is talking ab… read more
Yvette
Yvette
Bachelor of Science
My Office Jet pro 8620 I got last year has always had
Hi my Office Jet pro 8620 I got last year has always had problems with scanner often taking 10 - 20 attempts to get a scan but lately even when I get a scan it will not save it so I can't email it …wh… read more
Kris R
Kris R
IT Manager,
Computing
Just after some help with my HP Office Jet Pro 8620 printer..
Hi just after some help with my HP Office Jet Pro 8620 printer.. Until recently it was connected to the internet fine and I was able to use HP eprint, scan to email etc but recently having trouble.. I… read more
Senior Engineer,
My MFC-J835DW printer has stopped printing. The print preview
My MFC-J835DW printer has stopped printing. The print preview function does not work any more and when I click the print tab, a notice appears on the screen that the printing has been cancelled. A bla… read more
Stop searching for answers—
We have an HP Office Jet 6500 all-in-one printer, and it has
We have an HP Office Jet 6500 all-in-one printer, and it has stopped printing black. We have: 1- changed the ink cartridge twice 2- run the 'clean cartridge heads' program many times. The black lines … read more
Freddy M.
Freddy M.
IT Technician,
HP Officejet 6500 The printer is connected to HP Laptop.
HP Officejet 6500 The printer is connected to HP Laptop. Printer has stopped copying and stopped printing after running several copies today. I thought it might be problem with printer cartridge so I … read more
Sowrav D.
Sowrav D.
Printer Technician,
I have HP office jet pro 8500 wireless printer. it is not
I have HP office jet pro 8500 wireless printer. it is not working .it give message to open print carriage access door and clear jam. i have repeatedly opened every access panel in printer and can find… read more
RPI Solutions
RPI Solutions
Technician, Developer,
I possess an hp office jet pro L7590 (All in one) 1. The
I possess an hp office jet pro L7590 (All in one) 1. The Fa x function in not operationnal. Not for sending and not for receiving. 2. the printing black color lack. THE LETTERS OF ANY LINE ARE SIMPLY … read more
Freddy M.
Freddy M.
IT Technician,
I have a HP Laset Jet Printer 2500L I have had the printer
I have a HP Laset Jet Printer 2500L I have had the printer for several years. When I press the green button to print the problem light comes on and thelights for all the color modules blink allong wit… read more
Charlie
Charlie
Field engineer,
I have a hp officejet all in printer, worked great of the box
I have a hp officejet all in printer, worked great of the box for a while rhen it starter saying ink failure, please turn off and turn on , I have bought new printheads, but did not cure the problem, … read more
Namzyanzy
Namzyanzy