Ashik, Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), Professional Experience in Printers
16433418

I can't connect a printer to my smartphone. Wirelessly. Its

I can't connect a printer to my smartphone
JA: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?
Customer: Wirelessly
JA: When did you last update the printer driver software?
Customer: Its a new printer
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

What is the model of your printer?

Also, what smartphone are you using?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hp deskjet 2652 my phone is Samsung Galaxy s7

First of all, you need to connect the printer to your WiFi network. Follow the steps below to connect the printer to your WiFi network (if you don't have a WiFi network there, please let me know)

Press and hold down the WiFi/Wireless icon button on the printer for 3-5 seconds.

Then immediately, press and hold down the WPS button button on the router/modem for 2-3 seconds and they will be connected. When it is connected, the blue WiFi light on the printer will lit

You may need to repeat this step if it is not connected at the first try.

Then you need to download the necessary HP software/drivers from Play Store on your phone. Then you can print from your phone.

So on your phone, open Play Store, search and install the following apps

HP Print Service Plugin --> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hp.android.printservice&hl=en_IN

HP Smart --> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hp.printercontrol&hl=en_IN

Open HP Smart app to print, scan etc

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead of rating, please let me know by replying in here and I will stay with you and try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
We did everything you suggested, i am starting to wonder if the printer doesn't work

The printer does work. Is the WiFi light on the printer lit constant blue?