Printers

Paper keeps jamming. Hp office jet pro 6978. Unsure haven’t…

Customer Question
Paper keeps jamming Technician's...

Paper keeps jamming

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Hp office jet pro 6978

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your OfficeJet?

Unsure haven’t used it in months. Tried... Read full answer

Paper keeps jamming

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Hp office jet pro 6978

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your OfficeJet?

Unsure haven’t used it in months. Tried to print something keep getting jammed. I did just replace cartridges

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Uhhhh. Never

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/30/2018
Technician: Josh, Technician replied 8 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Remove all of the paper in the tray and insert only 5 sheets. Try to print now

Do I have to print it can I copy

Yes, you can do either.

Did it againchewed up right dude if paper

How old is the printer?

Not even one year

Unfortunately, the error that you are experiencing is an internal failure which would require repair/replacement.

The good news is that it is still under warranty so you can have it replaced by HP. Please call 1(###) ###-####to start the process.

Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
Office jet pro 6978 not color. Officejet pro 6978. 2 weeks.
How long has this been going on with your OfficeJet?Customer: 2 weeks… read more
Shiva
Shiva
I want to open the cover to change the ink cartridge. How do
I want to open the cover to change the ink cartridge. How do I do I for a HP Officejet Pro 6978? … read more
Pradeep Kumar S
Pradeep Kumar S
Bachelor's in Computer Application
Helo, this is my first time replacing the setup ink
Helo, this is my first time replacing the setup ink cartridges in my HP Office Jet Pro 6978. I'm using 920 ink and the printer screens keeps displaying cartridge problem. Remove and reinstall cartridg… read more
Rennan Lui
Rennan Lui
IT Engineer Specialist,
Stop searching for answers—
On my new HP Office Jet Pro 6978. On my new HP Office Jet
on my new HP Office Jet Pro 6978 I got the message Paper size missmatch when I tries to print a picture stored on a USB thumb drive. I have no Idea how to fix that. … read more
IT Consultant / Systems Engineer,
Printer quit working, saysthere is a problem with printer or
Printer quit working, saysthere is a problem with printer or print system. turn printer off then on. if you continue to get this message contact HP. Ox6100004a … read more
Dustin Stroh
Dustin Stroh
Computer Networking and Information Securities
Was just texting a tech guy and was transferred to a payment
was just texting a tech guy and was transferred to a payment page but I have already paid for the service. … read more
Jeffrey B
Jeffrey B
ICT Support 1/2/3/ Line,
Information Technology
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
It has a paper jammed message and there isn't anything that
It has a paper jammed message and there isn't anything that would cause this message. I can't get rid of the message … read more
Jeffrey B
Jeffrey B
ICT Support 1/2/3/ Line,
Information Technology
I keep getting error message. i turned printer off,
i keep getting error message. i turned printer off, disconnected ALL cords, opened the printer and the color cartridges wont move from right to left … read more
Andrew
Andrew
Service Manager,
Associate
The printer prints out a few pages and then just blank
The printer prints out a few pages and then just blank pages.. We replaced the ink cartridge recently and there is plenty of ink. … read more
Jeffrey B
Jeffrey B
ICT Support 1/2/3/ Line,
Information Technology
I have an HP Office Jet Pro 6978 that I bought 2-3 years
I have an HP Office Jet Pro 6978 that I bought 2-3 years ago. For a few months now I have had printing problems. It started when printing certain colors didn't work, even though there was still plenty… read more
VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems
Professor,
I have an HP contract for paper and cartridge refills. I'm
I have an HP contract for paper and cartridge refills. I'm getting my paper savings but have not had a cartridge supply sent to me in what feels like months. Can you tell me what the problem is? … read more
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique
Engineer,
Diploma in applied electronics
I keep getting a message that there is a problem with
I keep getting a message that there is a problem with printer. It says remove any jammed paper and make sure paper tray installed properly.i can't find paper jam the printer is hp office jet pro 6978 … read more
Stop searching for answers—
Jeffrey B
Jeffrey B
ICT Support 1/2/3/ Line,
Information Technology
Engineer,
How do i open the back panel to clear a paper jam? Office
how do i open the back panel to clear a paper jam ? … read more
Kris R
Kris R
IT Manager,
Computing
The printer and scanner stopped working on my office jet pro
The printer and scanner stopped working on my office jet pro 6978. It is only 13 months old and I just purchased new cartridges for $114. … read more
Uran
Uran
IT Consultant, Network and System Admin,
Network Administration
Gt the hp office jet pro 6978, it was working fine but had a
gt the hp office jet pro 6978, it was working fine but had a paper jam. I cleared the jam but when I try to print I get an error message on my laptop stating "printer needs assistance, user interventi… read more
Senior Engineer,
Receiving differenr error messages paper jam;out of
receiving differenr error messages paper jam;out of paper.... … read more
Jay D
Jay D
Bachelor of Science