Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Main subject matter is streaked and color is off, back

Customer Question
Main subject matter is...

Main subject matter is streaked and color is off, back ground is normal, nothing indicates that inks are low

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Epson artisan 1430

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Artisan?

It is essentially brand new, I haven't used it for several months

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

You mean windows update?

Technician's Assistant: The Printer Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Windows was updated today, and I printed after that and did not print correctly Is OS update different from windows update?

Submitted: 15 days ago.Category: Printers
8/6/2018
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 15 days ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your printer question.

If the printer is new but disused for a while, I suggest that you do the following:

1. run a Cleaning cycle on the printer. (Use the function in the printer's menus, under Setup or Settings, and then Cleaning, perhaps under Maintenance also.)

2. wait several minutes, leaving the printer alone, then also wait an additional 15 minutes or so.

3. run a second Cleaning cycle on the printer. Again, wait, leaving it alone... for another 15 minutes or so.

4. Then, see if the colors come through OK... and also check the Ink Levels once to make sure.

Let me know how that goes - it should help!

- If this answers your question, please rate my answer using the five-star interface at the top of the JustAnswer question page .... A five-star rating would be appreciated! Thank you.

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.