Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I just got a new modem and now my printer doesn't connect.

Customer Question
I just got a...

I just got a new modem and now my printer doesn't connect

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

Wireless

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I haven't

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, it's just always worked

Submitted: 18 days ago.Category: Printers
6/1/2018
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 18 days ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

What is the error you get when you try to connect the printer to the network?

Please let me know

thank you

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
How do I connect the printer to the network?

Can you tell me the make and model of the printer please

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
Please tell me how to connect my printer

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
TN630TN660

That is not the make and model of it

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
where do I find that info?

on the printer

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
Brother HL-L234OD

Thank you

Click on my link below and follow the instructions to connect it to your wifi network

http://support.brother.com/g/b/faqend.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=hll2360dw_us&faqid=faq00100107_003

Let me know how you go please

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
I tried following the directions, but I can't turn on my printer

You mean no lights are showing on the printer at all?

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
exactly

Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, meaning a faulty power supply or logic board. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).

This could also be the result of age related wear and tear, as a 2012 model, that type of failure wouldn’t be surprising as this machine was designed and built for only a 3 year service life.

There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation

unplug power at the wall outlet

wait 5 minutes

press and hold the power/on button for 60+ seconds

keep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release

If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure.

This is something that would require repairs to correct; at that point it is time for a new printer. While it can be fixed, it is not practical to do so. You'd be in the $150 range to have the internal power supply replaced, and a logic board would run you $200-250. For $80-100 you can replace the entire machine with a brand new model, with current technology and a fresh warranty, which makes more sense than buying the new part for an older printer.