Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I'm getting a support code 1259 on my printer I've pulled…

Customer Question
Hi I'm getting a...

Hi I'm getting a support code 1259 on my printer I've pulled out the paper try pressed ok and it keeps coming back up

Technician's Assistant: Is your printer displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

I just tried to turn it on and it stops on the support code won't go passed there

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I brought it brand new about 3 weeks ago and only used it a hand full times

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No I just want to print a page through wifi

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Printers
6/1/2018
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 2 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Ok I've just unplugged it now

thank you

The code still comes up as soon as I turn it on the paper output tray is retracted

Thanks
Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.
then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.
Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.
Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes
Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please
This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.