Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a mx-922 printer and it just came up with an error…

Customer Question
I have a mx-922...

I have a mx-922 printer and it just came up with an error code of B200

Technician's Assistant: Is your MX-922 displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I don't remember

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Printers
what is going on
Is anyone there
6/1/2018
Technician: Eric Ewing, IT Pro replied 2 months ago
Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro
Experience: I am a technology professional with 20 years experience, and hold 15 industry certifications (from hardware/software repair to mobility to IT Security, and everything in-between!).

Hi! I'm Eric, a computer expert who's been paired with you through JustAnswer.com. I'm reviewing your question now, and will return w/ an answer soon!

hello
no
I'm a little uneasy with this

Good evening! The B200 error indicates that your print head is clogged. Here's what to do:

• Remove the print head (see https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART143853 ).
  • Tape over the gold contacts (with Scotch tape or similar) to seal them off from water or ink contamination
  • Place the print head under a faucet, being sure to avoid wetting the gold contact area. Flush the inside and bottom with hot water for about 10 minutes until little or no color comes out.
  • Reassemble the print head and reinstall your ink cartridges.
  • Power cycle your printer: you can turn it off using the power button, or simply pull the power cord and wait about 30-60 seconds.
  • Power your printer back on

...and that should do it! Please give these steps a try and let me know what happens.

No need to feel uneasy...I'm a pretty nice guy. ;-)

Seriously, please let me know of any concerns you have and I'll do my best to help.