Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I am having problem with the paper getting stuck all the…

Customer Question
I am having problem...

I am having problem with the paper getting stuck all the time. Tonight when I was removing the stuck paper this white thing with wheels fell out. I have no idea to put it back where it belongs. Nothing looks like it broke off. Please help me. Thanks

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Epson WF3720

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your WF3720?

Since I got it about 2 or 3 months ago.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

When I first got it. It doesn't get used much except when I'm doing stuff for class.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No. I really like how it prints quickly.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/1/2018
Technician: Mirza Vaseem, Engineer replied 2 months ago
Mirza Vaseem
Mirza Vaseem, Engineer

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you with the issue you are facing.

From the problem description I understand that a white object with wheels fell off the printer while taking out the stuck paper.

Firstly, I am extremely sorry to hear that this object fell off.

Please be assured that I will be glad to help you on this further.

Please note that the object with wheels that fell off is called as a Pick-up roller that picks up the papers when a print command is given to the printer.

Likely this wasn't working before hand and hence fell off when you remove the stuck paper. A non functional pickup roller usually causes paper jam.

As it has fallen down now, I suggest getting the printer replaced from Epson under warranty rather than fixing this.

I can definitely help you in fixing this however this object tends to falls off often once it has a history of a fall.

Let us not delay much on this and contact Epson directly to get the printer replaced under warranty.

You can let them know this fell off when removing a jammed paper. They will know it was a mechanical problem and replace it for you.

This is the phone number for Epson: 1800(###) ###-####/strong>

Please keep me posted if you face any issues, I will be glad to help you.

If my support was helpful, please rate my service with a 5-star. Your rating is important for us.

You will see a tag called rating on top with 5 stars, that's where you will be rating my service.

I will eagerly wait to hear from you to help you further.

Regards,
Vaseem