Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

How do I clean the print head on an Officejet J4680, DELL…

Customer Question
How do I clean...

How do I clean the print head on an Officejet J4680

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

DELL Desktop

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your OfficeJet?

One week

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Yesterday

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

The top part of some printed line are missing

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Printers
6/1/2018
Technician: GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist replied 3 months ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to assist you. Please give me just a moment to review your question.

Please note: You may see offers for ADDITIONAL SERVICES that are automatically generated by the website. They are completely optional. Please feel free to ignore them.

You should have the HP SOLUTION center software installed on your computer. If so, please open it and click the Settings menu. Next, select Print Settings. Click on the Printer Toolbox. Select "Device Services" and then select Clean the Ink Cartridges.

Please give this a try and let me know the results. If you have any problems with any of the steps or need clarification, just let me know. If for any reason this doesn't work for you, please tell me so I can provide additional help. I am committed to working with you until the problem is fully resolved. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!

I can not find the HP Solution center

Ok. I can provide a download link. I will need to know what operating system you have on your computer. If you're not sure, please click this link and tell me what you see:

http://whatsmyos.com/

I must leave for a meeting

I understand. When time permits, please let me know what the OS is on your computer and I can provide a download link for the software that you need.

My OS is Windows 7 Professional

Thank you for that information. Please click on the link below to download the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows 7.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/HPPSdr.exe​

After you have successfully downloaded and installed it you should be able to use it to clean the print heads. Please give this a try and let me know the results. Please let me know if you have any problems with any of the steps or need clarification. . I am committed to working with you until the problem is fully resolved.Thank you!

That link gives me a URL not found on this server. Is it correct?

I apologize. Apparently, a unique url is generated each time a search is done on the HP site Please try this link:

https://support.hp.com/ca-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-officejet-j4500-j4600-all-in-one-printer-series/3645081/model/3692887

If you open this link on your computer, it should automatically detect that you are using Windows 7. If you see anything other than Windows 7 displayed, please click change and select the correct OS. Then scroll down and download HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows .

I finally found the HPPSdr.exe but can not get it to open Help. I will be away for a few minutes.

Are you back yet? If so, can you tell me please what happens when you click on the file and try to run it?

After pressing download button it says: "You are downloading the following file: HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows 10.6 MB HPPSdr.exe" and nothing happens.
I have spent 3 hours on this problem so if this does not I will just replace the print cartridge.
I used the virtual agent (Beta) to find a fix for "Poor Quality Black Text" It had me use the "clean cartridge utility". This fixed my problem. My initial request was how to "clean print cartridge" If you had used this three hours ago, it would have saved us both a lot of time.
The problem is solved so you can sign off.