Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I get black lines when I print copies. HP Office jet pro…

Customer Question
I get black lines...

I get black lines when I print copies

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

HP Office jet pro 8600

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your OfficeJet?

The last 15 copies

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

I did have a paper jam and when I ran a report it printed perfectly

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Printers
5/31/2018
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 2 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Does this happen only on copies or on print jobs from the computer too?
If copies only, does it happen from the flatbed glass, or only from the auto feeder (ADF)?

Copies only and both the flatbed and feeder

Would you please try a test once more just to make sure the lines show on the flatbed glass,

this is a critically important distinction and significantly affects whether this can be fixed or not.

both

Thanks for checking,

This will be the result of contamination in the scanner area or a defect in the scan head. Lift the lid over the glass and check carefully with a flashlight for any scraps of paper, stray staples or paperclips. Remove anything found, and clean the glass thoroughly with window cleaner or rubbing alcohol, focusing on the area at the far left, then try a test scan and let me know the results.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.