Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a PT-D600. I have verbal labels that I sent to myself…

Customer Question
I have a PT-D600...

I have a PT-D600. I have verbal labels that I sent to myself as typed file labels that I am trying to import into the P-touch. I'd rather do this than type each label. I can't seem to make this work.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

P-Touch D600

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your printer?

Just today.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Maybe 2 years ago.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

The printer is not here with me. It's being used with my friend's computer. If he needs to download something just let me know.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Printers
5/31/2018
Technician: Robert M., Consultant replied 2 months ago
Robert M., Consultant

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your printer question. All I ask is that you please give me a 5 star rating when satisfied. thank you :)

what do you mean by "verbal labels"

I have an iPhone 6 Plus S so I can speak my text instead of typing it.
You haven’t answered my question.
I don’t agree with the additional amount.

yes you can speak the text

BUT

where does it go?

the iphone is not the best place to create labels in the first place

labels need to use a specific template that puts the information in a specific place on the label. there may be some that run on an iphone but i dont know of any that do it well.

what program were you attempting to use to create the labels ?

I put it into an email I put it into an email I didn’t put it in a program. put it in a program. I was expecting to import or copy and paste the text.

ok but what would you copy and paste the text to ?

and on what device ?

what you want to do is put the text into an excel file

use different rows for different labels and different columns for different information

ie name will go in column A and address in column B city column C state column D zip column E

then in microsoft word you can create a label template that says where on the label each column goes ie name goes on line one and adress on line 2 and city state zip on line 3

merge the excel file into that and print it on the printer.

or the printer may have come with its own software to create the labels.

but either way you would have to get the information into a label generating program. and print from that program