Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I just changed the setting to a different router, it said…

Customer Question
I just changed the...

I just changed the setting to a different router, it said connection successful, but when i try to scan I ger the 9923 msg. I have mac on High Sierra and an HP deskjet3835

Technician's Assistant: Is there an error code on your DESKJET3835 when you try to scan?

No, just the computer when i am in settings clicking on open scanner

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Not sure.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No. i shut it down and restarted it and it was the same.

Submitted: 18 days ago.Category: Printers
5/31/2018
Technician: Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist replied 18 days ago
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hi, my name isCustomerand welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your printer.

1. Turn on the printer if it is not already on.

2. On the printer control panel, touch the Wireless icon. The Wireless screen displays.

3. Touch the Settings (looks like a wheel) icon .

4. Touch Wireless Setup Wizard, then follow the instructions on the control panel to select your wireless name and enter the new wireless password. Wireless password ***** ***** sensitive.

5. Make sure that the printer successfully connects to the network before continuing to the next step.

note: If a connection error message displays, make sure that the network name and security key are correct, and then follow the prompts to type the information again.

6. When the printer successfully connects to the wireless network, touch OK to print the Wireless network Test Report.

Then, follow the instructions below.

1. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.

2. Choose Print & Fax (or Print & Scan) or Printers & Scanners.

3. Hold down the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears.

4. Then, click the + (plus sign that you see on the Printers & Scanners window, and not on the keyboard) sign to add printer. Select your printer from the list.

Note : Make sure that you are resetting the printing system before adding the printer.

Then, try printing and scanning.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you!

Customer/p>
Customer reply replied 18 days ago
your web site said $5 but there is a $25 charge on my cc. isn't this fraudulent?

You will be charged an initial $5 when you submit your question and payment information. You will be charged your remaining balance once the Expert responds to your question. If you used Paypal as payment, you will be charged the full amount when you submit your question.

We pride ourselves in our 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you’re not happy, we’ll give you your money back.

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Customer reply replied 18 days ago
I am not happy.

Please follow the instructions I have given and if the issue persists, I can help you get a complete refund.

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Customer reply replied 18 days ago
I am not happy. A complete refund will be fine, given the misinformation.

I will let JustAnswer's Customer Care team know and they will be in touch. You do not have to worry about the refund.

Thank you.

Customer/p>