Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Won't Print. Message:"... problem with the printer or ink…

Customer Question
Won't Print. Message:...

Won't Print. Message: " . . . problem with the printer or ink system" Officejet 7610

Technician's Assistant: Is your OfficeJet displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

Yes, Have restarted printer, have unplugged printer and waited for a couple days to try again. Print Jobs and copy jobs. Feeds paper and puts out blank paper.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Haven't done it at all

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Not at this time

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/31/2018
Technician: technicalcat, Consultant replied 2 months ago
technicalcat
technicalcat, Consultant

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. This is an independent, fee-based technical support site.

My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you now.

1) Please remove all cartridges from printer with printer powered ON.

2) Wipe off contacts on cartridges with clean lint free cloth or paper towel.

3) Unplug printer from POWER (you wall power outlet), so printer goes dark

4) While the power is UNPLUGGED, press and hold the power button on printer for at least 30 seconds. Then, release power button.

5) Plug printer back in , and power on

6) Reinstall ink cartridges.

Please let me know results of these steps. Thanks.

NOTE: To reply to me, please type your message in the box below and click the button to send.

I am now getting the message "missing or failed printhead and the printer is not taking paper.

Phone support would make this much easier and faster to solve. I sent you an offer for that, and if you'd like to accept it, I can connect with you right away.

Were the ink cartridiges changes in the past few days? If not, about when were they last replaced?

Inks Cartridiges all have ink. Magenta just installed as the printer was asking for a new magenta when the printer stop. In the past I would replace the cartridge and all would be fine. ALSO: Getting notice from you folks to update payment information. I just signed up with you and have now updated my payment information and keep getting the same response to update payment info?

It's not a matter of "having ink". The error you are experiencing is tied to either a faulty cartridge, or a faulty printhead.

I called (Phone) support and spoke with a lady (Treasa, or some name like that) and she looked up my account and told me that my $39.00 charge didn't go through. Meanwhile you or your computer stopped visiting with me. She wasn't much help when I asked for information to get back with you . . . just kept telling me my credit card wasn't working . . . although it worked a few minutes earlier when I charged a $5.00 fee. So I called the bank and they told me all was okay and the $39.00 charged had been okayed. Now I am wondering if I should continue with you folks and "switch to a Secure Remote Assistance" when someone on the phone throws a brick wall in front of me until a credit card charge is resolved. My problem is not resolved . . . so I am going into a hold position until I figure out what I did wrong. By the way, there had better not be a 39.00 charge on my card at this time.