Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I changed routers and can't get either of my 2 Bother

Customer Question
I changed routers and...

I changed routers and can't get either of my 2 Bother wireless printers to print. I reinstalled the whole software package for MFC-J480DW and have not been successful. I have't tried the other one.

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

Wirelessly

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I downloaded the whole package today.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

The new Router is Linksys

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Printers
5/31/2018
Technician: Elgin Vega, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 2 months ago
Elgin Vega
Elgin Vega, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is***** will try my best to help you with this request.

Are you available for a remote session so I can check the problem?

Just tell me.

What error or message you see when try to use the printer?

In setting neither are active

you have to remove the printers and install them again

I removed the Brother MFC-J480DW software and tried to reinstall it. I can't get it to find the printer. I have followed instructions, but obviously have done something wrong. It won't install completely
The router is linksys EA 6350 if that helps.

Ill opt out the question, so other expert can help you, I cant know the problem if I cant connect.

Have a nice day.

Thanks.
Technician: Joel Kalman, Engineer replied 2 months ago
Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Engineer

Hello. My name is Joel. I am sorry that you have been having difficulties. I can help you solve your problem. It looks like you still need assistance.

I am an experienced technical support specialist, and I have solved hundreds of printer connectivity issues. I can show you how to remedy this issue by following my detailed instructions so that you will be able to repeat the procedure yourself if and when the issue reappears. What is your computer operating system?

Windows 10
I have connected one printer with wire. The other is totally wireless. As I told the other fellow, I have tried to reinstall the software for the MFC-J480DW but get stuck and can't finish. I did this with a different router a couple of years ago, without much trouble. Now I have a Linksys router with many more options. I can's seem to get it right.
A while ago I got an option to do this by phone. I opted in, but didn't get anywhere. That would probably work better than writing back and forth.
I don't want to pay $39 for this.
It is 10:23 PM and I am going to bed. Perhaps we can do this in the morning. I am newly retired

A Live Telephone Call by itself would not add much value. However, a Secure Remote Session would allow me to troubleshoot everything in your wireless network, and it can have enhanced value with a Live Telephone Call at no extra charge. You can think about it and we can reconnect in this chat session in the morning. If you would rather do it interactively online that is okay too, but I rather not troubleshoot over the telephone. It is too imprecise that way.

I solved my problem by myself this morning and do not need further help.