Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a Pixma 7520 and have had printing problems. In April…

Customer Question
I have a Pixma...

I have a Pixma 7520 and have had printing problems. In April I had tech. help and was sent info about "Cleaning the encoder strip". I was told that the timing strip is a clear strip located in front of the carriage drive belt. I never could find that! However, after 'resting' overnight I suppose, it started printing the next day, however every other line or so was "fuzzy". But that line could be read. I looked again yesterday and cleaned a little what I thought might be the timing strip (on the face of the carriage belt)-well, now I cannot print anything from my pc documents nor my check book, but I DID print my Insurance document from the agent. However,

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your Pixma: wirelessly or by USB?

Wireless. However, from another 'outside' source (my bank's statement) I could not print that either! Please, please tell me what to do.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I don't know. How do you do that?

Technician's Assistant: The Printer Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, but any help will be appreciated.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/30/2018
Technician: Mirza Vaseem, Engineer replied 2 months ago
Mirza Vaseem
Mirza Vaseem, Engineer

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you with the issue you are facing.

From the problem description, I understand that you are facing issues with Printing and need help in getting his sorted out.

Firstly, I am sorry to hear that you are facing issues with Printing.

Please be assured that I will be glad to help you get this sorted out.

There are plenty of things that can stop you from printing from the way you have described the issue.

Please provide me the below details to further understand the situation and help you further.

1) Is this a laptop or a desktop?

2) Is this running on Windows or Mac? Do let me know the version of the Operating System you are using please.

3) To the bottom right corner, do you see a printer icon in the System Tray icons. If you do, double click on that and let me know if there are any documents stuck in there.

Looking forward to your response to help you further.

Regards,

Vaseem

Hello and thank you for contacting JustAnswer.

This is a follow-up email about your contact to JustAnswer. Please provide us the requested details so that we can help you further.

Please do not hesitate to ask anymore questions. It’s always a pleasure helping you.

I will eagerly wait to hear from you.

Regards,

Vaseem