Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My printer is new. It is an 'envy 5020' model. I have put…

Customer Question
My printer is new...

My printer is new. It is an 'envy 5020' model. I have put all the leads in the correct place (I thought) - as per my old printer. It's turned on - the touch screen (on the printer) is only in Chinese (and I can't change it) - but nothing is happening as far as printing - cannot get it to print. Nikki

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

I think it's USB - I'm not even sure what that means - very untechnical.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

When I received this printer last month as a present - I assumed then that I was reading the latest driver information? There was no cd with the printer.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Just don't make it too technical - I won't get it!

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Printers
5/30/2018
Technician: John Castle, Engineer replied 2 months ago
John Castle
John Castle, Engineer

Can you give me the full model number from the back of the printer? This will allow me to pull up the steps we need to go into to reset the language.

Regards

serial no.TH83J5C1CR FPU No. M2U85 - 64001
No thanks - if you can't help please send me my $5.00 back.

Thanks, ***** ***** connected to the computer with a USB or Ethernet Cable?

I don't know - I think it is a cable.
  1. Turn your printer off and then on.

2. On the printer control panel, swipe the display to the left, and then touch the Setup icon.

3. Touch the first option that displays on the printer control panel. This option is the Preferences menu.

4. Touch Language. Depending on your printer, the language selection is first or second option that displays on the printer control panel

5. A list of available languages displays.

6. Scroll through the list to find your desired language option, and then touch Yes to confirm.

The display panel doesn't change when I swipe to the left (or do anything else).
Also the printer will not turn off when I press the off/on button.

Hi

Can you cut the power and let it power cycle

Upon reset can you tell me If it is responsive?

I'll try it.

OK thanks let me know either way.. waiting :)

Hi

How did you get on?

Thanks

Sorry - everything is exactly the same and the printer still will not print.

I would like to now try a hardware diagnostic.

Do you see the SPANNER symbol on the TOP of the SCREEN?