Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Wf 4750 seems to send a fax but has stopped answering to…

Customer Question
Wf 4750 seems to...

Wf 4750 seems to send a fax but has stopped answering to rec. a fax setting seem ok?

Technician's Assistant: Are your device's other functions (printing, copying, scanning, etc.) working fine?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: When did this fax issue begin?

Started today. just tested printing and that is fine

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Nope. thanks

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Printers
5/30/2018
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 2 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your fax question.

I think that the first thing is to call in to your fax's number. Listen as to whether your fax answers - test call from a cell phone, ideally, so that you can stand by the fax and see whether it shows any signs of trying to respond.

If it does not respond, you may need to enable Auto Answer.

If some other device on the line picks up on the call, you may need to set the fax up so that it answers first, before the other device - or, so that it is alone on the line.

And if you hear an odd message and never get through to the fax, something is wrong on the phone line so that it cannot be called in to and reach the fax also, just perhaps.

- If this answers your question, please rate my answer using the five-star interface at the top of the JustAnswer question page .... A five-star rating would be appreciated! Thank you.

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.