Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a WF-3620 all-n-one that is not printing well. Very…

Customer Question
I have a WF-3620...

I have a WF-3620 all-n-one that is not printing well. Very blurry in many areas. I completed the print head nozzle check and print head cleaning. Still did not resolve the issue. Is there something else that I can do...such as manually cleaning something on the inside of the printer?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

WF-3620

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your printer?

About 2-3 weeks

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Not sure

Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: Printers
5/29/2018
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 22 days ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

These symptoms point to either a clogged/contaminated print head, or a faulty print head (or the logic board that controls it).

You can try, again, going into the setup/maintenance menu on the machine and running the “clean print head” function repeatedly, up to 5 times total, testing after each.

If it still doesn’t print any better, you’ll need to do a manual cleaning as a next step.

I have to caution you up front though that the manual cleaning process is messy and time consuming. It also has a low chance of success, if you see no improvement at all from the automated cleaning. It is most likely a hardware failure (bad head) which the cleaning can’t fix, as printheads are a wear item and do fail with time/use.

Realistically, it’s probably time for a new printer. As this is a 2013 model printer, it is well past its 3 year service life, so this type of failure is not surprising. While it can be fixed, it is not worthwhile to do so. You would have to, at a minimum, replace the printhead, which costs about $150; if the logic board is bad you’re looking at $200-250. For $80-100 you can replace the entire machine with a brand new model, with current technology and a fresh warranty, which makes more sense than buying the new part for an older printer.

That said, it doesn’t hurt to try, if you wish. Let me know how the built in cleaning function works, and I’ll guide you through the manual steps next, or I can recommend replacement options if you prefer.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
I have to be honest...I paid how much for this information?

I can't see that information. You paid the fees you agreed to up front when posting your question. We are all independent techs here working on our own personal time in a good faith effort to help in providing you a quick and honest answer.

Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 16 days ago

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.