Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I just bought a new MacBook and it doesn't have the software…

Customer Question
I just bought a...

I just bought a new MacBook and it doesn't have the software for me to use my Epson Stylus CX6000 with. My MacBook is running OS High Sierra version 10.13.4. Can I get software for it so I can use my printer?

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your Stylus: wirelessly or by USB?

USB

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I've no idea!

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Printers
5/29/2018
Technician: Sjena1982, Engineer replied 2 months ago
Sjena1982
Sjena1982, Engineer

Welcome to Justanswer.

The latest printer driver for this product is available from Apple's Software Update. Here's how to get it:

USB: Connect your product to your Mac using a USB cable and make sure the product is turned on.

1. Do one of the following:

2. Go to the menu on your Mac, then select System Preferences.

3. Select Printers and Scanners, Print & Scan, or Print & Fax.

4. Do one of the following:

• If your printer is not on the list, go to step 5.

• If your printer is on the list, select your printer model and click the "-" (minus) button. Then go to step 5.

5. Click the "+" button. (If you see the Add Printer or Scanner... option, select it.)

In the screen that appears, select your printer model as below:

USB connection: Select the EPSON Series (USB) product.

Wireless or Ethernet connection: Select the EPSON Series (Bonjour) product.

Select your EPSON Series product in the Use or Print Using drop-down list, then click the Add button.

6. Go to the menu on your Mac, select Software Update or App Store, then click the Updates tab.

7. Do one of the following:

Note: Apple Software Update may find multiple updates for your system. You may choose to install all or some of the updates.

• If you see an update from Epson, select UPDATE to install it.
    • If an update is not available, you already have the latest Epson driver for your product.

Thanks