Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a Dell Laser Printer 1720dn, circa 2008, runs great,

Customer Question
I have a Dell...

I have a Dell Laser Printer 1720dn, circa 2008, runs great, so I bought a new toner cartridge.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

Sorry for the last send; too soon.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your 1720DN?

My computer is a 24" Dell All In One (AI1) circa ~2012. I cannot find the driver to load into the AI1. Again, the printer is a Dell Laser Printer 1720dn.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Within three months. It runs Windows-10.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I have scoured the Dell and other sites to download drivers, but found none. Please advise: How can I get the laser working from ehAI1.

Submitted: 21 days ago.Category: Printers
5/29/2018
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 21 days ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your printer question.

There is a driver for the Dell Personal Laser that you have... but, no drivers for Windows 10.

So: download this, but don't Run it, just Save the download to your hard drive. Don't run it yet...:

https://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER85523M/1/R149651.exe

Then turn Off your laser printer.

Then right-click on the downloaded file you just finished downloading... and select Properties.

In Properties for that file, go to Compatibility tab, check on the checkbox, and choose 'Windows 7 64-bit' for the operating system to run that file in compatibility mode for.

Then click on OK to close the Properties sheet, and save the changed setting.

Then double-click on the downloaded file... it should run in Compatibility Mode simulating Windows 7, and hopefully will get your printer working with Windows 10... this can work! I hope that it works for you.

- If this answers your question, please rate my answer using the five-star interface at the top of the JustAnswer question page .... A five-star rating would be appreciated! Thank you.

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.