Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Work Center 3215. A red light is flashing below the (!)

Customer Question
Work Center 3215. A...

Work Center 3215. A red light is flashing below the (!) ???????

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your office equipment?

Work Centre 3215 / xerox

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your office equipment? What have you tried so far?

Unpluged and through search through your user guide

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Office Expert to know before I connect you?

That's all, thanks

Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: Printers
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Xerox Work Center 3215 Printer
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Remote Tech Support. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
5/29/2018
Technician: John Holland, Consultant replied 22 days ago
John Holland
John Holland, Consultant

Hello, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The Red blinking light on the Xerox Work Center 3215 can signal more than one problem. Here is a list of items that the red light flashes for. Make sure you have tried each of these items.

Check if there is also a message like "Drum is Low". Please report back with the results of what you found.

• A minor error has occurred and the machine is waiting for the error to be cleared. Check the display message. When the problem is cleared, the machine resumes.

• Small amount of toner is left in the cartridge. The estimated cartridge life of toner is close. Prepare a new cartridge for replacement. You may temporarily increase the printing quality by redistributing the toner.

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
I put in a new cartridge and the light is still flashing. Also checked the display message still reads Drum is Low

Basically, you replaced it to soon, what happens is it gets to the low alert and a fuse goes off, and the light blinks, when it goes end of life, a 2nd one goes and the light stays solid and you replace the drum/imaging unit. Because you replaced it before it told you to, it hasn't gotten the signal from the 2nd one, so it stays blinking. I don't know how to get rid of the message without disabling the feature, so I will just tell you what I do know. Assuming it worked fine and you just replaced it because of the message, go back to the old one and swap them again when it tells you to do so. Or, disable the notification.

From the Machine

When your Toner cartridge is low on Toner, the Machine Status light will blink red to let you know it is time to order a new Xerox Toner cartridge. When the cartridge is empty and needs to be replaced, the light will be solid red. When the drum cartridge needs to be replaced, the Machine Status light will be red. For each of these conditions, the user interface will also display an error message indicating the cartridge status.

To enable the Low Toner Alert and the Low Image Unit Alert at your machine:

1. Press the Machine Status button on the Control Panel.
  2. Press the up/down arrows to scroll to System Setup. Press OK.
  3. Press the up/down arrows to scroll to Maintenance. Press OK.
  4. Press the up/down arrows to scroll to Toner Low Alert. Press OK.
  5. At On press OK. The machine will save the selection.
  6. Press the Back button to return to the Maintenance menu options list.
  7. Use the up/down arrows to select Image U Low Alert. Press OK.
  8. At On press OK. The machine will save the selection. The Machine Status light will now be red when the Drum Cartridge needs to be replaced.

If you have any follow-up questions, please don't hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate our service. See you again soon!

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Sorry John, I went back to Zerox for the fix. Drum Cartridge

Glad to see your issue was resolved.