Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Replaced the magenta toner in my Brother MFC-L8850CDW. Now I…

Customer Question
Replaced the magenta toner...

Replaced the magenta toner in my Brother MFC-L8850CDW. Now I have a type of grinding/laboring noise which has not happened with prior cartridge replacements. I have opened and cleaned the corona and reset the cartridge removed paper tray and checked it but the noise persists.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

Desktop with Windows 10. Again, no previous issues with cartridge replacements.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your MFC-L8850CDW?

Just now with the new cartridge.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Good question, my husband does that so I can't say. Have Windows 10 for some time on the desktop I know that. And I've had the printer for several years.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Nothing else. I do a lot of printing and I've replaced toners multiple times and this is a first time issue.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Printers
5/29/2018
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 2 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Sill need help. Found out after I turned it off that it makes the same sound on start up.
Out of curiosity, how do you connect to a printer?

With the printer powered on, remove the power cord from the back.

Wait 2 minutes

Plug back in the power cord and power it on

Do you still have the error?

Wait 2 minutes

Do you still have the error?