Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Receiving support code 6000 and nothing we are doing is

Customer Question
Receiving support code 6000...

Receiving support code 6000 and nothing we are doing is working

Technician's Assistant: Is your printer displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Not sure this printer is in our dance studio

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Not at this time

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Printers
5/28/2018
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 2 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

What is the model number of your printer?

MG6821

Thank you

This is a “diffuse” message which simply denotes an internal fault (line feed error). That can be caused by anything from debris/obstruction (paper jam, bent/damaged rails, out of place purge assembly/wiper, or dirty/dislocated encoder strip) to an actual hardware defect (bad sensor or control board, faulty carriage drive motor/gear/belt, bad printhead/carriage pcb).

What we can try here are some cleaning and reset steps.
First, open up the printer, and check for any internal debris such as scraps of paper, paperclip or staple, etc. Then remove the input paper supply.

Check if you’re able to move the carriage manually, or if it moves on its own when lifting the lid. If it does move, you can proceed with cleaning by blowing out the Inside compartment with compressed air and checking carefully on both sides for any obstructions. Next remove all of the ink cartridges, then clean the metal electrical contacts on the back, as well as where they mate up inside the printer, using qtips and rubbing alcohol. Dry well, then reseat the cartridges. Then wipe down the encoder strip, which is a clear plastic strip running the width of the printer, that sits just slightly above and behind the carriage. Next take a piece of heavy paper like card stock and push that through the rollers (feed path) to dislodge any last bits of paper that may be stuck.

Slide the paper guides to the center then back out, fan the front edge of the paper stack, and replace the paper supply.

Then reset the machine:
unplug power at the wall outlet
wait 5 minutes
press and hold the power/on button for 60+ seconds
keep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release

Let me know the results, and I’ll advise further if needed.

just a minute - will try the above steps

Thanks

how do you open this - the only thing we can open is where the printer cartridges go in - we can see other from the back of the machine
hello
Hello - I'm looking for some help

Please do not send multiple messages, a single response is sufficient otherwise it takes longer for the system to work and further delays my ability to respond.

Lift the lid below the scanner/display to access the inside compartment. There should be a rear cover that opens as well.

Sorry - I wasn't sure you were getting my questions - we opened the rear cover and can't see any obstructions

You need to go through the complete process, ever single step here is critical, and even if you can't see anything obvious that doesn't mean there isn't something stuck in side.

This error is specific to a line feed fault which can come from any of these issues.

we don't have compressed air at the dance studio - do you have any other suggestions for blowing out the back

Air is the best option,

you can pick up a can of duster/air spray at any computer or electronics store,

in a pinch you could blow through a straw, but that can introduce moisture so only do it in an emergency, it is better to wait until you can get the air

We don't have compressed air at the moment but it very well could be something stuck in there that we just can't see. I have copied your instructions above to email and we will try them again when we have the compressed air
Thank you and good luck!

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.