Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My coper is starting to put black all over the paper. Canon…

Customer Question
My coper is starting...

My coper is starting to put black all over the paper

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Canon personal copier PC428

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Canon printer?

Just starting

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

I have the papers that came with it but there no were on them to clean roller or any thing. It doesnt run with PC. it just plugs in and we work it

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Just need to know how to stop it from putting light blk. on the papers

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/29/2018
Technician: Charlie, Technician replied 2 months ago
Charlie
Charlie, Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I am Charlie and will be glad to help you.

This type of problem is usually caused by a bad Toner cartridge. It is an E-40 type.

its the one that the papers on it said to get
its the one that the papers on it said to get, and its been fine up till now, and Ive been using it for a wail now.

The user manual will suggest you order a spare toner cartridge. have you ever replaced the toner cartridge before?

How old is the machine?

every time it gets low, I replace it.

This sounds like this cartridge may be defective. The vendor you purchased it from may give you credit.

Sorry to have to give you bad news.

we get them from office max

Speak with the store manager. Perhaps customer service is alive and well.

K tks for your help

Your welcome.

Don't forget to give feedback about your experience today. It means a lot to us. I hope I have earned a top rating.