Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My Lexmark Printer: I just put in 3 new color inks, and the…

Customer Question
My Lexmark Printer...

My Lexmark Printer : I just put in 3 new color inks, and the computer keeps telling me to add new ones.

Technician's Assistant: What Lexmark model do you have?

The Pro915

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Lexmark printer?

This is the first time. I have had the printer 6 or 7 years, I know how to add the ink, but it still keeps telling me to add the ink, when they are already in.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Never, that I know.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't know what else you should know, except, I believe the last color were the 150 size but the store did not have them, so I had to buy the 100, which are smaller in width, not in length.

Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: Printers
5/28/2018
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 26 days ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Are you using genuine lexmark ink or generic/refilled cartridges?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I bought the Lexmark Ink at a Office Max this morning

Okay those were the incorrect cartridges,

even if they do physically fit, they are not compatible, your printer needs the 150/155 cartridges,

the problem is they are discontinued and no longer readily available.

You can still find them, but they are extremely expensive: https://amzn.to/2L0DZNw, and honestly for a printer this age they aren't worth the investment. That printer is about 3 times its service life a this point and even with new cartridges would be expected to fail entirely at any time now. You would be best off to simply replace the printer at this point as you can get a new/better model with a fresh warranty that will come with all new ink for less than you'd spend on just cartridges for this one.

I can recommend replacement printers for you if you'd like.