Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Selected printer is not available or not installed

Customer Question
Selected printer is not...

Selected printer is not available or not installed correctly. HP says the printer is connected.

Technician's Assistant: What HP model do you have?

HP ENVY 5642

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your HP printer?

2 - 3 days

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Not lately that I know of - it sometimes does this attomatically.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Can't think of anything.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Printers
5/28/2018
Technician: technicalcat, Consultant replied 2 months ago
technicalcat
technicalcat, Consultant

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. This is an independent, fee-based technical support site.

My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you now.

Is this printer connected over a wireless network, or directly to your computer with a USB cable?

NOTE: To reply to me, please type your message in the box below and click the button to send.

USB cable

Sorry for the delay in reply. The fastest and easiest way to fix these kinds of problems is a remote connection, which includes phone support. I can connect directly to your computer and call you and fix the problem while you watch and communicate with me. Would you like remote services?