Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Bought hp cartridges off the computer hp 96 and 97. the

Customer Question
Bought hp cartridges off...

Bought hp cartridges off the computer hp 96 and 97. the printer won't recognize the color cartridge 97 says color cartridge failed

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? If so, what do they say?

Color cartridge failed replace it or remove it to print using ink backup printing mode

Technician's Assistant: The last time you changed your cartridges, did you replace them with new ones or refill the old ones?

Color was probably new, black 96 was refilled and that one works fine

Technician's Assistant: Happy to help. Want a weekly JustAnswer email to help with other issues? If so, what's your email address? And if you'd still like to talk to the Printer Expert, I'll connect you shortly.

Customer:***@******.***

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Yeah, when I insert my SD card into the slots it says card not recognized.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/28/2018
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 3 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

please help. About ready to throw this printer out the window! I cannot get the color cartridge to work keeps saying failed replace or remove it to print using back up mode. I bought these off of ebay and it says if a message comes up press continue/ok and start to print. It won't let me but it lets me use the black cartridge just fine.

How old is the printer?

Its pretty old but has always worked fine until now

Unfortunately, the error that you are experiencing is an internal failure which would require repair/replacement. The bad news is that your printer is outside of warranty and it would cost more to repair the printer than to buy a new one. You can purchase a new one for around $50-$60 at a local electronics store such as Best Buy.

I think the problem is that this is not a original hp cartridge its a refilled cartridge or something.It's not the printer its the cartridge. But thanks anyway

OK