Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My c4385 printer cartridges seem to causing paper jams. It's…

Customer Question
My c4385 printer cartridges...

My c4385 printer cartridges seem to causing paper jams.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

It's a hp c4385 all in one printer

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your C4385?

Just today.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

It was updated just two days ago.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No. Just that.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Printers
5/28/2018
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 2 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

The paper stills jams. It seems the jam is occurring on the right side of the printer(looking at the front of the printer).

Thanks

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.