Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Unable to print - printer error has occurred - support code…

Customer Question
Unable to print -...

Unable to print - printer error has occurred - support code 6000

Technician's Assistant: Is your printer displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I never did sine I bought it about 2 yearsago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Message says cancel printing then turn the device off then turn the device on again - I did it aboit 3 - 4 times / last time I printed was about 3 days ago and everything was fine

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Printers
5/27/2018
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 2 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

That means that the paper feed tray, in front of the printer, is either blocked from opening by some physical object in front of the printer, or is closed and latched shut, or is incapable of opening owing to the printer being out of order. So I suggest that pull the power plug on the printer, leave it Off for 10 or 15 minutes, meanwhile opening the feed tray in front, and then later plugging in the printer, and seeing whether it now can manage to operate properly.

(If after that, it still does not work, and if it has the same error message, consider whether it is worth having it service-repaired, or whether you would rather replace the printer.)

- If this answers your question, please rate my answer using the five-star interface at the top of the JustAnswer question page .... A five-star rating would be appreciated! Thank you.

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

just did as advised and turned the printer on again and still same problem
do uou think there is some paper jammed someshere in the machine if so how do I open and access the jammed paper

Try opening the front trays, one only at a time, and examine the interior of the printer that way, to see if there is any paper scraps, fluff, debris, loose parts or dust, in that area. Blow out that area also, in case that might help.

did as above - it tell me to cancel printing and ten to turn off the device and turn on again - how do i cancelprinting

Press STOP on the printer, or CANCEL if it has such a button.

Then go to the computer, and... is it a Windows PC or an Apple computer?...

it is a window pc / i have been pressing stop on the printer

Good... but also go on the PC, to Control Panel, then to View Devices and Printers, double-click on the printer's icon there, and see whether the small queue window for the printer that opens, has any print jobs stuck in it... if it does, use the function to Cancel All Print Jobs, from that window's menus.

my printer is pixma mx922 and the closest choice is mx920 and so i click in that and tthere is no print job in the that small queue window

OK, good. So pressing Stop on the printer should be enough.

Has the printer still got a 'Cancel printing' message on it by now? if so, I think you need to turn it Off for 5 minutes, then try it again.

turn off device and even unplug it - still no go

What does the device show now? if error 6000, open that front paper feed door, then turn it Off, then leave it 10 minutes, then try turning it On again, with the front feed door open.