Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My Epson 430 Series will not print a letter from the

Customer Question
My Epson 430 Series...

My Epson 430 Series will not print a letter from the database on my MacBook Pro computer

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your Epson printer: wirelessly or by USB?

Wirelessly

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Never have since original purchase 2 years ago

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Printers
5/27/2018
Technician: Ricky Expert, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 2 months ago
Ricky Expert
Ricky Expert, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Is your printer printing anything?

It has previously printed email data. It won't print data from the computer file however. I may have the settings wrong. Lets start with that.

Okay, one moment please.

No. Walk me thru he correct settings. If that doesn't work I will get rid of it.
OK. Send an email.
Technician: Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician replied 2 months ago
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician

I'm sorry about the issue. I'm another tech; I will help you with this:

Solution #1:

1. Disconnect the power cord(s) from your Internet modem / router device(s) for about 3 minutes, then reconnect.
  2. Turn off the printer, then disconnect the power cord from the printer for about 2 minutes. Then reconnect, then turn the printer back on.
  3. Wait about 5 minutes, then see if you can print now.

Solution #2:

- If that does not work,

1. Click on the Apple logo / menu at the upper left corner of your computer's screen, then click on System Preferences.
  2. Click on Printers & Scanners (or Print & Scan.)
  3. There, click on your Epson printer, then click on the - (minus) button at bottom left, and confirm Yes to delete it for now. Make sure there is not any Epson printer showing there for now.
  4. Click on the + (plus) button at bottom left, and see if it detects your Epson printer.
  5. If yes, click on your Epson printer, then then click on Add.
  6. Then see if you can print now to your Epson printer.

Solution #3:

1. If that still does not work, on the printer's scree, go through the option Wi-Fi Setup / Wizard to select / connect to your Wi-Fi / wireless network name.Please click on the website below for full instructions / illustrations:
    https://files.support.epson.com/docid/cpd4/cpd43290/source/printers/source/networking/tasks/xp430_434/network_setting_panel_xp430_434.html
  2. If successful, on the computer, please do this again: Go to System Preferences > Printers & Scanners (or Print & Fax), then click on the + (plus) button and see if you can add your Epson printer, then see if you can print.

- Does that work? Is there any error or message when trying my solutions above? - Are you currently able to make a copy from the printer's glass? (not printing from the computer.)

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.