Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

How do you use the scan function on maxify MB5610 printer.

Customer Question
How do you use...

How do you use the scan function on maxify MB5610 printer

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your MB5610: wirelessly or by USB?

Wireless

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Today

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No just how to scan a document to an email

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Printers
5/27/2018
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 2 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
One can either direct the printer's Scanning operation, from the Canon software on the computer, or

one can direct the scan to begin using the printer's control panel, by (from the Home screen on the printer) tapping on SCAN, then tap on the destination for the scan, e.g. 'PC' for it to scan to a computer... and so forth, selecting options as one goes.

If you want further directions, please Reply to Expert, and tell me, what computer do you have (Apple, or a Windows PC) and whether the scanner driver has been installed on it yet.

Thanks. I have done all that. I have tried all the options but the information doesn't go anywhere. Error code always appears

What error code appears, exactly?

And, what computer do you have (Apple, or a Windows PC) ?

hp laptop code is 3134 I think

Good... I am assuming that code appears on the printer. Give me a few minutes to gather info about that error...

There is no info about that error in a Canon context. Does that error code appear on the computer screen, perhaps?

No on the printer screen just after you ask it to send the document to an email etc
I'm trying to scan a document from the printer to an email address

That is probably an error relating to not having the scanner drivers installed.

If you are not sure they are already installed, try going to this page:

https://www.canon.co.nz/printers/maxify-mb5160/support

scroll down to where the heading is Setting Up, and download from there the

MP Drivers

which are necessary for scanning of any kind... and install from that file, once it is downloaded.