Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I am trying to set a new EPSON Printer WORKFORCE Pro

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to set a new EPSON Printer WORKFORCE Pro WF-4720

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

Windows 7

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your WorkForce?

Have been unable to install because it is asking for my Wi-Fi pass work and I don't no what this is I have tried a few and my printer shows wrong Wi-Fi pass word

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Only that this is my first Epson product and I an finding it difficult to install

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/27/2018
Technician: SorenX, Technician replied 2 months ago
SorenX
SorenX, Technician

Hi, my name is Chris!

Do you know what the password ***** ***** connect new devices to your network?

No Chris, I had my printer connected vie Wi-Fi . It was printing ok and I could air print ok. but because of my business I need to be able to scan to email. This is where I have had difficulty , The screen set up on my Epson printer is asking for my Wi-Fi pass word I don't know what this is.

Okay, and just to confirm, you are running Windows 7?

Okay, let's see if we can try to locate your password. Give me just a couple of minutes to get some instructions for you.

If you click on your Start button in the lower-left corner, at the bottom you should see a search bar.

In the Search bar, search for "Network and" (without the quotes) and this should bring up the Network and Sharing Center in your search results.

Go ahead and try that. If it brings up the Network and Sharing Center, double-click it to launch it in a new window.

Try that and let me know how it goes.

Tried this Launch in a new window , would connect in 90 sec. nothing happen . Chris I am 74 years. finding this is stressing me out. I am ready to through this printer in the rubbish bin, had no problem's setting up my last printer (Brothers printer)

Okay, you were able to open the Network and Sharing Center?

If so, here's what you want to do:

1. Open the Network and Sharing Center.

2. In Network and Sharing Center, next to Connections, select your Wi-Fi network name.

3. In Wi-Fi Status, select Wireless Properties.

4. In Wireless Network Properties, select the Security tab, then select the Show characters check box.

Your Wi-Fi network password ***** ***** in the Network security key box.