Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a Brother HL-2170-w I keep getting a message that my…

Customer Question
I have a Brother...

I have a Brother HL-2170-w I keep getting a message that my printer is in an error status and the print error out. All attempts to clear the error have failed. Any ideas?

Technician's Assistant: What Brother model do you have?

HL 2170-W

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Brother printer?

Started yesterday

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Not sure, usually get automatic updates for the computer. I think it updated my windows 10 about a week ago.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/26/2018
Technician: Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist replied 2 months ago
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hi, my name isCustomerand welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your printer.

Check if the printer prints a test page. Follow the instructions below in order to print a test page.

1. Turn off the printer.

2. Make sure that the front cover is closed and the power cord is plugged in.

3. Hold down the Go button as you turn on the power switch. Keep the Go button pressed down until the Toner, Drum and Error LEDs light up. Release the Go button. Make sure that the Toner, Drum and Error LEDs are off.

4. Press the Go button again. The printer will print a Test page.

May I know the operating system you are using? Is it Windows 10?

How do you connect the printer to the computer? Using USB cable?

Thank you.

Customer/p>
10 and cable. It printed the test page from the printer.

It will be very helpful for you and me, if you allow me to access the computer remotely. Can I access your computer remotely and check the issue?

Thank you.

Customer/p>
No thanks. That cost is about half what I can replace the printer for.
Thanks for the help.

I can help you without the additional cost. Can i go ahead and help you with the issue?

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Sure

In order to access your computer, please click on the below link, it will open a new web page. Over there you will see I agree button. Click the button and you will get an option to Run or Save. Please click on Run and follow the instructions.

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=2bd029ce-98ad-4482-a5b0-d8a34af145c6

Thank you.

Customer/p>