Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I purchased a HP alli one 24 computer and it comes up

Customer Question
My name is***** and...

My name is***** and I purchased a HP alli one 24 computer and it comes up needing two drivers in the first week of operation why should I pay for new drivers on a computer less then a year old

Technician's Assistant: What HP model do you have?

All in one 24 I guess

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your HP printer?

Since the first week of operation back in January of this year

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

I have health issues and haven"t been able to get a firm understand of this computer

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No its just the 2 drivers

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Printers
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
this computer was purchased at Costco 1, 2) my friend put his e-mail in for Microsoft when I was not there to put my e-mail and password ***** and he is the administrator which I would like change 3) we were in a car accident in January and are dealing with pain issues that leave us doing the THROZINE SHUFFLE if your old enough to know who Warren Haynes and Gov't Mule are so we are both in need of your help today and if Costco is responsible for this please let us know as money is tight also thanx
5/26/2018
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 2 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If any message came up saying you needed a driver, it is probably spurious and a scam. Don't worry about it too much.

If you have any spare concern for this, you might want to know that HP provides drivers for free for all its computer systems and models, on its very large and complete website. HP has an excellent reputation for this - so if the message also mentioned money in any form whatever, it is most emphatically a scam message.

If you are further worried about scam messages, they might have crept into your computer owing to insufficient security on it. Search for Security Status, if you care to, and click on 'Security' in it once you have found it and opened it - and it will show you whether you only have Windows Defender on your computer. If you only have Windows Defender as an anti-virus, then you need better. I can advise you further if you will Reply to this, if your care about this issue proceeds this far.

(Or I can point you to the source page on HP's website for your computer's full and complete set of drivers, for download at any time you might need one or any or all of them... if you will tell me in Reply what your HP computer's exact model # is... necessary, to point you to the exact correct page on HP's site.)

Thank you, ***** ***** wishes for the problem and others also.

- If this answers your question, please rate my answer using the five-star interface at the top of the JustAnswer question page .... A five-star rating would be appreciated! Thank you.

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.