Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Have just replaced all ink cartridges on Epson printer

Customer Question
Have just replaced all...

Have just replaced all ink cartridges on Epson printer XP420-black copies seem fine - color test sheets print with an overall gray background

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

Epson XP 420

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your XP420-BLACK?

Have been at vacation location for 5 months - attempting to re-set printer=

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Have no idea

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

How di I eliminate gray background - recall this occurring in past

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Printers
5/26/2018
Technician: Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist replied 2 months ago
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hi, my name isCustomerand welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your printer.

Please try cleaning the printhead two or three times by following the instructions in the link below. Try printing after each cleaning and let me know the result.

https://files.support.epson.com/docid/cpd4/cpd42276/source/printers/source/ink_functions/tasks/xp420_424/cleaning_head_lcd_xp420_424.html

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you!

Customer/p>