Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

A few months ago I decided to take myself off of the

Customer Question
A few months ago...

A few months ago I decided to take myself off of the cartridge replacement system. I hadn't been receiving them, but HAD been charged. HP sent me some cartridges to replace those I should have received. In the meantime, I was using a non-HP cartridge, but one compatible with printer. No problem. Suddenly a few weeks ago, my printer and desktop stopped allowing me to print anything, saying I had to enroll in the program. I clicked "help" and there was no help. I tried changing the cartridge to an HP cartridge, and I still get the same message. I'm pretty frustrated, and would like to use my printer again.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your printer?

HP Office Jet 4650

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?

I'm able to open the lid. I'm not receiving any messages that cartridges are incorrectly inserted.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Do you want me to try to print something so I can tell you the exact message I receive?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Printers
5/26/2018
Technician: technicalcat, Consultant replied 2 months ago
technicalcat
technicalcat, Consultant

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. This is an independent, fee-based technical support site.

My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you now.

What is the exact message you are receiving on your printer?

NOTE: To reply to me, please type your message in the box below and click the button to send.

I've just tried to print something. Response was: Incompatible HP instant ink cartridge. Cartridge can only be used in a printer that is currently enrolled in HP Instant Ink. If you believe your printer should accept this cartridge, please contact HP Instant Ink Support.

Phone support would make this much easier and faster to solve. I sent you an offer for that, and if you'd like to accept it, I can connect with you right away.

Are you able to login to your instant ink account at https://instantink.hpconnected.com/us/en/

I don't think I should have to pay $39, after already paying $ for justanswers, to use a Hewlett Packard Printer I own, with Hewlett Packard cartridges I've installed. Who can I write to at corporate Hewlett Packard to address this complaint?
I no longer have an instant ink account. In my initial contact, I mentioned that.
I mentioned the reason I took myself off the instant ink account
I sent an email response, after getting a new response for a phone conference for $25. We believe this should be resolved without cost to us, as we own the printer, have bought cartridges, and only had this problem shortly after I took my printer off Instant Ink replacement program, for reasons I've explained.

We are not HP. We are justanswer.com, an independent fee-based technical support service. I can help you resolve your problems with the printer, but our services are not free.

I've written to someone at HP and will see what happens. I understand what you're saying, but hope you understand my wish not to spend, when HP should take care of this. If there's nothing to be done but what you suggest, I may come back and pay for services, but I'll wait and see. In the meantime, to the irritation of my husband, I'll continue what I've been doing, and send things to him that need printing.