Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a new printer. I think I set it up correctly. On the…

Customer Question
I have a new...

I have a new printer. I think I set it up correctly. On the printer instruction panel it says: Use SETUP cartridges that came with your printer. First of all, no cartridges were enclosed. So I bought them. Can you help me? Nancy

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

HP Envy photo 7155

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your printer?

Since I got it.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

This is why I need to talk to someone. I have no idea what you just asked.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Printers
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
5/26/2018
Technician: Joel Kalman, Engineer replied 2 months ago
Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Engineer

Hello. I am pleased to assist you today. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem.

Hi Nancy.

All inkjet printers are shipped with setup ink cartridges which must be used first as an anti-theft security measure. If you do not have them, you are not going to be able to use the replacement ink cartridges that you have purchased. The setup cartridges must be used first.

I recommend that you contact Customer Service at Hewlett Packard and let them know that you do not have the ink setup cartridges for your inkjet printer. Your printer may have to be returned to the manufacturer on your warranty and exchanged for a new one.

I realize that this is not good news. Please let me know when and where you purchased your printer. If you need help contacting HP, I can assist you with that I am interested in learning how this issue gets resolved.

Joel