Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I just opened the box to install printer and there is no ink…

Customer Question
I just opened the...

I just opened the box to install printer and there is no ink in the box or in the printer

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your printer?

PIXMA2922

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?

IT WAS NEW IN THE BOX TODAY. WAS TRYING TO PUT IT TOGETHER

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Printers
5/26/2018
Technician: Sheri, Expert replied 3 months ago
Sheri
Sheri, Expert

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue. Please click on the link below to get to the webpage. There you can download the full manual, as well as the getting started guide for your printer.

Link: https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/support-inkjet-printer/mg-series/pixma-mg2922?tab=manuals

Please reply and let me know if that works for you or if you have any questions. Then we can go to the next step if needed.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

There was no ink in the box when I opened the new printer. An instruction manual wont help my problemThere is no ink to put in the printer. Canon should send me the ink which was left out of the box. This was a new product.

Apologies, I thought you said no link to instructions! If there is no ink, you need to exchange the printer where you purchased it, since it is new in box.

Hi, I haven't heard back from you. I just wanted to follow up to see if everything is resolved and whether you still need assistance. Please reply and let me know.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

You did nothing to resolve my problem
You said you couldn’t help me
Technician: Joel Kalman, Engineer replied 3 months ago
Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Engineer

Hello. My name is Joel. I am sorry that you have been having difficulties. I can help you solve your problem. It looks like you still need assistance.

Your printer is unusable without the initial ink cartridges. The initial ink cartridges contain a security code that prevents backdoor theft of new printers before they leave the factory. The initial ink cartridges are registered and matching firmware is downloaded to the printers right before they are shipped to the customer. If your printer was shipped without them you will have to return it to the manufacturer under your warranty.

If you have any questions or have problems with this advice, please let me know so that I can provide you with the additional support that you need. My goal is to provide you with the best possible customer service. If you are satisfied with my advice, please take a moment to rate my services.

No one was able to help me