Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a PIXMA MX 492 for several months and the thing will…

Customer Question
I have a PIXMA...

I have a PIXMA MX 492 for several months and the damn thing will not stop jamming. I have to go through 2 or 3 sheets of paper (pulling the jams out with players) before I get a decent copy. getting ready to throw it in the trash. Can you help .me?

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

IMac running OS 10.13.4

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Pixma?

Within a month of purchase about 4or5 months

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on your model

A month ago?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Printers
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Video Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/25/2018
Technician: Steve Asher, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 months ago
Steve Asher
Steve Asher, Computer Support Specialist

Hello! My name is***** will be assisting you today.

Once a printer starts jamming there isn't much you can do about it. The only thing there is to try is using a lightly dampened rag, wipe off all the rollers. This occasionally works but most likely it's time to replace the printer.

I'm going to mark this as answered but I WILL still be here if you need further assistance.

Your satisfaction is my priority! I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.