Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I can't get any PDF files to print on my HP 8610 All in One…

Customer Question
I can't get any PDF...
I can't get any PDF files to print on my HP 8610 All in One printer. I get a "Cannot Open" message from the printer followed by a bunch of numbers. I have talked with HP and updated the driver and they told me to call Apple. So I called Apple since I'm working on a MacBook Pro 10.13.4 high Sierra, but they could only get the print to work in Preview. They suggested I call Adobe. Now I'm trying to contact you to see if there is some way to get my system working again where I can directly print PDF files.
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Printers
5/26/2018
Technician: arsufi2002, Technician replied 2 months ago
arsufi2002
arsufi2002, Technician

Hello and welcome to Justanswer.

My name is ***** ***** I am sorry to hear that you have this issue. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and provide the best solution possible.

Please save this page to favorites( ctrl + d) so that you can reconnect in case you get disconnected.

Did you try removing the printer and adding it once more

I removed and added in the printer twice.
Forget it. I had hoped Adobe would have some kind of support. I'm not going to pay $39 for the support.
I'm back. They tell me you can help even without the secure remote assistance.

weekend trip,

will connect you afterwards

If you give me a PST time frame, I can make sure I'm available. But if I don't know when you will contact me, I probably won't be waiting for your contact.

Don't worry..

Since you are online, will opt out to experts who can assist you right now.

Thank You

Fiyaz

Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 2 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I still need help.
I use a MacBook Pro computer (10.13.4 High Sierra). I have an HP 8610 All in One Printer. I have been printing PDF files for years. Now when I try to print PDF's straight, I get a message, "Can't Open" followed by a bunch of numbers. I have checked for updates on everything (Mac, HP, Adobe). I have removed and re-installed my HP driver twice. I have removed and re-installed Adobe Reader. Still get the same message each time I print. I can print through preview - but not the regular way I used to print.

Before we get started, I can see that you mentioned us as Adobe.

We are not Adobe.

I understand you are not Adobe. I tried to reach Adobe support and I was forwarded to you. As far as I know, Adobe doesn't have any technical support technicians. If they do, I have not figured out how to reach them.
Unless somebody's gives me advance notice of when the tech will contact me - I may miss his contact. I'm at the computer intermittently during the day. I'm not just waiting here for hours for a tech to respond to me.
Technician: Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist replied 2 months ago
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hi, my name isCustomerand welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your printer.

It will be very helpful for you and me, if you allow me to access the computer remotely. Can I access your computer remotely and check the issue?

Thank you.

Customer/p>
No thank you. I don't want to pay the $39.

I would suggest you uninstall Adobe Acrobat completely and reinstall it in order to get the issue resolved.

1. Drag and drop the Acrobat application to Trash.

2. Quit Safari

3. From the OS X Finder, hit Command+Shift+G to bring up the Go To Folder window, and enter the following path exactly:

/Library/Internet Plug-ins/

4. Locate the file(s) named “AdobePDFViewer.plugin” and “AdobePDFViewerNPAPI.plugin” – some versions will only have one of these files visible.

5. Delete* those two AdobePDFViewer files from the Internet Plug-ins folder

6. Relaunch Safari for changes to take effect, confirm the change has taken place by loading a PDF into Safari app.

Then, download and install Acrobat reader from the link below. If it asks for any password, enter your Apple/Admin password.

https://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=10&platform=macintosh

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you!

Customer/p>