Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My hp office pro 8600 printer cannot connect to my router. I…

Customer Question
My hp office pro...

My hp office pro 8600 printer cannot connect to my router.

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your HP printer: wirelessly or by USB?

I can connect my other devices just fine wireless

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I received an error stating something about mac address filtering when I ran a test page from the printer directly

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Printer was operating fine yesterday.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Printers
5/25/2018
Technician: technicalcat, Consultant replied 2 months ago
technicalcat
technicalcat, Consultant

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. This is an independent, fee-based technical support site.

My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you now.

Have you already REconnected the printer to your wireless network? This is usually accomplished by using the buttons and small screen on the printer itself (not your computer)

NOTE: To reply to me, please type your message in the box below and click the button to send.

I tried disconnecting the printer and the router and then reconnecting. I am still unable to connect the printer to the router. The printer will print test pages manually, but I cannot connect wireless. I received an error stating that "the hp printer is unable to connect to your wireless router. MAC address filtering mau be enabled on your wireless router which can prevent your hp printer from connecting to your wireless network during setup."

The fastest and easiest way to fix these kinds of problems is a remote connection, which includes phone support. I can connect directly to your computer and call you and fix the problem while you watch and communicate with me. While connected, I can also usually connect to your router and check or change setting if necessary. Would you like remote services?

hello?

I sent you an offer for remote services. If you don't want that, we can continue here, but it will be difficult to solve a router issue without a remote connection. You'll need to start by unplugging the router from power, and printer. waiting at least 30 seconds. Then plug the router in. After 3 minutes have passed, plug your printer back in and try to reconnect to the wireless network. let me know results.

i already tried that, no dice
i accessed my router, but do not know where to find MAC address filtering, do you know where/how to enable this?

Are you able to login to your router and delete the DHCP lease on the IP address assigned to your printer? After you do that power cycle your printer, and try to reconnect again.

i logged in to the router, where would i find dhcp lease?

It's quite difficult to describe the steps and checks on the router, and there are usually many to get to the bottom of the problem. Would you like to try remote access? Satisfaction is guaranteed.