Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Trying to scan with printer, wont scan? Not in awhile, The…

Customer Question
Trying to scan with...

Trying to scan with printer, wont scan ?

Technician's Assistant: Is there an error code on your printer when you try to scan?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Not in awhile,

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

The error message says the connection to the computer has been lost, and I do have it connected to my laptop. might the cable be faulty

Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Printers
5/25/2018
Technician: technicalcat, Consultant replied 25 days ago
technicalcat
technicalcat, Consultant

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. This is an independent, fee-based technical support site.

My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you now.

Is this printer connected over a wireless network, or directly to your computer with a USB cable?

NOTE: To reply to me, please type your message in the box below and click the button to send.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Directly to my laptop with usb cable
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
No thanks I have support already and can call them.

Do you still need help with this issue?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
No thank you.
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I already have tech support for this, so sorry I bothered you. I thought this was HP.